If you own or manage a construction company, you need high-quality construction site cameras to protect your valuable materials and equipment. Material theft is rampant on construction sites, with up to $1 billion in theft from job sites happening every year. Job sites are an easy target for criminals who sneak in at night to steal copper wiring, machinery, and other costly materials, then resell them for profit.
For construction business operators looking for high-quality construction cameras, we have compiled the 5 best construction site security cameras to buy in 2020. These cameras have a range of features that let them adapt to various construction site environments, whether it be a site with no power or internet connection, a site that lacks infrastructure and walls to run cabling through, or other challenges faced by job sites.
Videofied produces end-to-end construction site surveillance systems in a comprehensive all-in-one solution, including hardware, software, and internet connection, making it a great choice for job sites without power and internet. Videofied systems are convenient, easy to use, and portable, making them ideal job site solutions.
Videofied Features for Construction:
- Wireless Monitoring: Videofied systems run on batteries, making power sources and cabling on your job site unnecessary.
- Built-in Data Connection: Videofied cameras use cellular signals to establish communication between the cameras, security system panels, and live monitoring stations where agents keep an eye on your job site. As long as you have a cell signal, Videofied is a viable security solution for your job site.
- Easy Installation: Videofied construction site surveillance solutions are ready to set up right out of the box, no complicated installation necessary.
- Infrared Motion Detection: The Videofied Outdoor MotionViewer protects your construction site using PIR (Passive Infrared) technology to detect intrusions on your site, then trigger short recordings which are instantly sent to monitoring centers for human confirmation. Smart PIR technology enables Videofied cameras to tell the difference between people and objects, minimizing false alarms.
- Mobile App: If your construction site has power and internet connection, you can remotely monitor your job site and control site access from the cloud-based Videofied mobile app. When intrusions are detected by PIR sensors, instant alerts are sent to your smartphone, keeping you in the loop at all times.
As the gold standard in IP security, Axis Security offers high-quality commercial cameras that capture clear footage in a variety of conditions. With their wide range of camera types and technology, Axis cameras are suitable for many construction site security projects.
Axis Features for Construction:
- Line crossing: AXIS Cross Line Detection technology acts as a virtual tripwire around your jobsite, instantly detecting intruders and sending automatic alerts to your device or to local authorities. This feature is useful for monitoring your entire site, or specific areas and entry points. Axis line crossing detection only records upon detecting movement, saving you bandwidth and storage space.
- Durable Hardware: Axis cameras are built to last and withstand even the harshest environments. If you need durable cameras that can survive harsh weather, dust, and flying debris from construction, Axis cameras are the right choice for you. Axis offers explosion-proof cameras as well to survive even the most hazardous environments.
- Daily Time Lapse Video: Axis construction site cameras let you easily keep track of work progress with daily time-lapse videos available to view at any time. This lets you make sure projects stay on track, ensure safety protocols are always met by workers, and provide clients with a clear view of the project from start to end.
- PTZ Cameras: Axis PTZ cameras can be remotely adjusted to pan, tilt, and zoom throughout your site, focusing on different areas as necessary. PTZ cameras are useful in combination with fixed cameras, or on their own.
FLIR (Forward-Looking InfraRed) offers best-in-class security cameras that use thermal heat-mapping for foolproof construction site surveillance. FLIR’s scalable camera systems are ideal for sites that need high-quality monitoring in a variety of conditions.
FLIR Features for Construction:
- Thermal Imaging Detection: FLIR heat mapping technology accurately detects people, objects, and vehicles on your construction site, even in the harshest weather and lighting conditions. FLIR cameras detect body heat to provide a high-contrast image of everyone in your site. This gives you complete insight into site security after-hours, and in heavy fog, rain, and other conditions.
- Easy Troubleshooting: FLIR cameras are a great tool for detecting heat loss, gas leaks, fires, overheated equipment, insulation damage, moisture, and other maintenance issues on your construction site. Non-intrusive building inspection with FLIR cameras helps you guarantee every project you build is safe and up to code.
- Video Management: FLIR VMS (video management software) makes it easy to unify and manage all your construction surveillance systems. With FLIR VMS, users can remotely control security cameras, gather video analytics, manage PTZ tracking, and more, across all job site locations.
- Mobile App: The FLIR mobile app lets you stream live and recorded infrared videos and stills from any location, using just a smartphone or computer. FLIR uses cloud technology to give users constant control over construction site security, even when nobody is there. FLIR app users can remotely connect with security cameras with a QR code.
4. Rhombus Systems
Rhombus Systems makes high-quality cameras with a modern cloud-based platform. Scalable and easy to manage, the Rhombus security platform uses cloud technology to put various construction security functions at your fingertips. Intelligent PoE cameras, IoT, time lapse capabilities, and other standout features make Rhombus cameras an ideal choice for job site security.
Rhombus Features for Construction:
- Unified Platform: Rhombus gives you 24/7 visibility into all your job sites using a unified interface, letting you manage security across all locations from a mobile device or web browser. Since video footage is available to stream from anywhere, you save time and money traveling to different sites, and can easily share footage with customers.
- Low Bandwidth Consumption: Rhombus cloud security cameras give you advanced site monitoring, without the high bandwidth consumption that can pose an obstacle to construction sites with limited resources.
- IoT Tracking: Rhombus Systems provides innovative IoT (Internet of Things) tracking abilities. IoT sensors improve productivity and profit by letting you track individual objects in your site, easily manage deliveries, and more. IoT makes it easy to manage deliveries of materials, giving you instant alerts upon arrival, delivery, and more. With IoT tags, you can easily see the location of any materials and equipment, so you can quickly recover lost or stolen items.
- Hazardous Area Monitoring: Rhombus IoT equipment tracking makes your construction site safer for workers and visitors, letting staff monitor the location of heavy equipment such as trucks and forklifts in hazardous work site areas. This helps reduce the chances of workers being hit by vehicles, trapped, or other accidents that can happen without proper monitoring.
Verkada provides real-time visibility into your job site with an intuitive, modern, and feature-rich interface. With a Verkada security camera system, users can conveniently manage all security devices and business locations from one web-based platform. Thanks to Verkada’s continuous developments, you can be sure your construction sites are protected with the latest technology.
Verkada Features for Construction:
- Works With Low Connectivity: Verkada’s flexible platform provides the convenience of cloud-based cameras, while also functioning with limited or no network connection. Thanks to Verkada Systems’ hybrid-cloud infrastructure which stores footage both on-site and in the cloud, you can ensure consistent monitoring without downtime, even in sites with limited resources. Verkada cameras can also be connected through a Cradlepoint router, or use onboard device storage to capture and store large video files locally.
- Remote Management: Verkada users get unified remote security management across all construction site locations, using one secure device. With just a mobile app or web browser, you can view live and recorded video, maps, floor plans, and more.
- Smart Analytics: Verkada’s intelligent search and people analytics lets the system accurately recognize and catalogue the faces of everyone who enters your site. Certain individuals can be flagged so that you receive alerts any time they are detected on your site. Verkada cameras can also recognize objects and vehicles on your site.
- Live Video Sharing and Alerts: Verkada surveillance systems send instant alerts to your mobile device or to local law enforcement if any intrusions into your site are detected. This lets you quickly respond to any event that happens, catch the criminals, and recover your materials. Motion and tamper alerts give you complete control over your job site security.
At Safe and Sound Security, we create the security camera solutions you need to protect any job site. Our experts strategically design, install, and integrate construction site surveillance systems to protect your business from costly crimes. For the et in touch with our experts and learn more today!