Businesses in California have been desperate to increase their security, following a surge in smash and grab robberies towards the end of 2021. LAPD confirms that organized retail crime had risen 4% year-on-year as of November 27th, 2021, in part due to California’s Proposition 47, as well as depleted police numbers.
As businesses struggle to afford security personnel, an IP camera monitoring service is the practical and affordable solution you’re looking for.
Why choose a video security monitoring service?
There are various ways to secure your business, including on-site personnel, access control systems, and alarm systems.
But the benefits of using CCTV monitoring services in your security setup include:
- Cost-effective – online video surveillance and monitoring is a more affordable alternative to paying a salary to onsite security personnel.
- Round-the-clock surveillance – have peace of mind that your business premises are secure 24/7 with this type of solution. There’s no worry that your security guard might call in sick or be late for work when you have security monitoring in place.
- Natural deterrent – CCTV surveillance has the advantage of dissuading criminals from attacking your property. The fear of remote security monitoring and being caught on camera is enough for them to move on and target other premises instead.
- Instant response – remote camera monitoring services automatically identify motion. They then respond by providing alerts and notifying an intruder that monitoring systems are in place.
How does an IP camera monitoring service work?
Video monitoring services are one of the most advanced technologies available in the security industry. They rely on security camera analytical software to track, monitor, and respond to security incidents.
Are you wondering about the differences between video monitoring and video verification systems?
It’s true they both serve the same purpose – to offer advanced protection for your commercial premises. But they have a slightly different method of doing so.
How does remote video surveillance monitoring work?
Remote video surveillance monitoring uses teams of security experts who will watch your high-quality footage in real-time. This allows them to proactively prevent threats before they occur.
Motion-detecting software and analytics will notice any potential security events and will communicate with intruders through loudspeakers to deter them before the security event progresses to a higher level.
How does remote video verification work?
The remote verification model relies on footage of a suspected breach being sent to a security company after an incident has occurred. Security personnel will deem whether the incident is a genuine threat or a false alarm and respond accordingly. In real breaches, the authorities will be alerted.
How do video analytics work in a security camera monitoring service?
AI is an integral component used in an IP camera monitoring service. Machine learning software can detect activities including fraud, theft, and crime. These analytics also:
- provide heat maps of high-traffic areas
- use facial recognition to identify demographics and people
- prevent future issues by flagging suspicious activities or individuals.
Video analytics are constantly progressing to refine the capabilities of these security systems.
Who needs an IP camera monitoring service?
If you answer ‘yes’ to the following questions, then you’ll know that online video surveillance and monitoring is the right solution for your business.
- Are you committed to safeguarding your property, assets, and employees?
- Do you want to prevent and reduce the chance of theft at your organization?
- Do you need to resolve internal business disputes?
- Would you like to slash your current security bill?
- Do you need 24/7 protection?
Here are just a few industries that can benefit from our CCTV monitoring systems.
- Commercial buildings – cameras can be placed internally and externally for maximum protection. This aims to deter criminals and monitor any breaches that do take place.
- Construction sites – keep your equipment and raw materials secure around the clock. Construction sites continue to be at high risk of intrusion due to the value of hard-to-trace materials held on site. CCTV monitoring will mitigate this risk.
- Manufacturing – End-to-end security of your plant protects raw materials, machinery, and the storage of your products. Surveillance will cover every angle of your manufacturing plant, including the car park, main access points, offices, and the assembly zones themselves.
- Warehouse Commercial buildings – cargo theft costs businesses $15 to $30 billion per year. Warehouses are at risk as they have high volume and high value of stock onsite. You can protect your inventory with video monitoring.
- Schools – crime and violence in school is an ongoing concern. Create a safe learning space for children with a fully-monitored surveillance service. Outside of school hours, you’ll also have peace of mind that computer equipment and other valuables are safe from theft.
- Government buildings continue to be a prime target for criminals and terrorists. We can set up cameras in offices, common areas, courtrooms, stairwells, jails, parking lots, perimeter fences, and more.
- Retail – only 1 in 48 shoplifters is ever caught and brought to justice. Video monitoring can significantly increase these odds and prevent crime in the first place.
- Cannabis – state regulators and local governments insist on a high level of security planning such as video monitoring systems before they will issue a license to your cannabis business.
Do I need 24-hour CCTV monitoring?
The flexibility of an IP camera monitoring service means that it can work on your schedule. But for most business owners, it’s best to make the most of 24/7 surveillance.
Security incidents can occur at any time of day and 365 days of the year. When you choose 24/7 CCTV monitoring services, you have reassurance that your property is protected:
- During working hours – security events can occur when your staff and customers are on-site.
- After work – many criminals will seek to intrude after your normal business operations when they expect less security in place.
- At the weekends – any time that your business is advertised as closed is a chance for intruders to target your site.
- Vacation time – if your business comes to a complete stand-still over the holidays, then you’ll need superior security solutions in place to ensure a smooth return to work after the festivities.
Arranging your IP camera monitoring service
Would you like to take another look at the security you have in place for your business?
Whether you need to save money or improve your monitoring, Safe and Sound Security have you covered. We offer a wide range of business security systems to keep customers, staff, assets, and premises protected 24/7.
Find out more about our CCTV monitoring services by arranging a FREE demo. Contact Safe and Sound Security to speak to one of our security professionals today.