Crime has become a hot issue in California, with an uptick in retail theft towards the end of 2021. Yet, beyond well-publicized incidents like the smash and grab robbery at Louis Vuitton, there has also been a disturbing increase in violent crime recently, with a 31% increase in homicides during 2020.
If you’re a business owner and have concerns about protecting your staff, your customers, and your premises, then keyless entry systems for business are an ideal solution.
What are keyless entry systems for business?
What does your current access control system look like? If it’s as simple as a receptionist at your front desk holding a sign-in sheet, then you need to up your security game. Instead, keyless entry systems dictate:
- Who enters your building
- When they’re allowed to enter
- Which areas of your facility they have access to.
This type of access control doesn’t rely on a basic lock and key method of gaining entrance. Instead, your authorized users can use one of the following:
- Key fobs
- Smart cards
- PIN codes for keypads
- Mobile apps
- Biometric devices
How do they work?
There are four steps involved in setting up and using your keyless access control system.
- A keyless security installer sets up the door entry system and links it to cloud-based access control software.
- You provide authorized users with access credentials so they can enter your building. For example, these might be your regular employees, out-of-hours contractors, or cleaning staff.
- Your users will present their key card, microchip, or mobile phone device and press it onto a sensor to verify their credentials. Only users with the necessary credentials will be granted access, and the system will deny anyone else entrance to your premises.
- The cloud-based software logs all admissions for administrators to view and manage remotely as required. These insights help business owners to identify patterns and security risks.
Where are keyless entry systems installed?
You can choose to have your access control unit set up at all principal entrance and exit points of your building, but you can also have them installed within the interior.
This is useful if you need to monitor access to high-security zones such as a server room or an elevator control room. You’ll be in no doubt about where your personnel has been and at what times.
What are the business benefits of keyless entry systems?
Businesses that invest in keyless access control systems have complete control of their business security. Some of the top advantages are:
- Lower insurance – providers are known to look favorably on businesses that invest in top-notch security. Access control systems can help to lower your premiums.
- Compliance – satisfy your industry regulations by keeping a tight grip on who is moving in and around your business premises.
- Less risk – keyless entry systems are a lower risk than assigning keyholders to your premises. You don’t have to worry about lost or stolen keys and can easily revoke or add access privileges as needed.
- Low-cost – an investment in security technology typically means lower security salary costs. You won’t need to pay for a security guard when you have an access control unit to verify credentials.
What are the best keyless entry systems for business?
Safe and Sound Security offers a wide range of keyless entry systems for business, including the following. Here are some of best cloud-based access control technologies available.
Brivo is one of the top security systems dealers in the market, and Safe and Sound Security trust them as the top choice of keyless systems for business clients. Their browser-based software interface allows you to manage your access control unit from anywhere. Other top benefits of Brivo include:
- Intuitive user interface and robust feature set
- Users with admin privileges can perform functions like scheduling and credential changes from anywhere
- Software and security updates occur in the background
- Brivo On Air app can be accessed from any device and may be combined with video surveillance and access control.
Openpath provides cloud-based access control, meaning you can operate your system remotely. The technology works with BlueTooth and cellular, so your keyless entry will still work even if you lose internet connectivity. The main benefits of Openpath are:
- Patented triple-unlock technology
- Fast mobile unlocking
- Multiple credential options including mobile phone, prox cards, prox fobs, and smart cards.
- Can be linked with identity services
- Emergency lock feature for instant locking.
Alarm.Com Smarter Access Control allows you to manage your property access requirements across multiple locations, making it the ideal choice for commercial property managers and landlords. Your keyless entry system works via a smartphone app or web browser for convenience. Key benefits of choosing Alarm.com for your access control include:
- Smart business analytics – notice activity trends in your business thanks to access tracking
- Enterprise solution – manage multiple locations from a centralized dashboard
- Unique user codes for easy-to-track access
- Remotely lock and unlock doors
Verkada offers seamless integration of keyless entry and video surveillance, so you have real-time visibility of your building’s access points. The cloud-based technology will give you a fantastic security overview of your business operations. Some of its main features include:
- Full encryption of your cloud-based connection
- Access your cloud-based management system from any location via a smartphone or web browser
- Capability to connect thousands of devices to a single Verkada platform
- Automatic cloud-based updates
- Actionable business insights across multiple sites to improve commercial security
Kisi keyless entry systems for business will give you peace of mind your property is safe from trespassers. The security solution is built using cloud management software with a wide range of features prioritizing functionality and flexibility. These include:
- Managing visitor and employee access remotely
- Remote door unlocking – perfect for out-of-hours deliveries
- 24/7 audit trails to be exported as CSV files
- Wide integrations enabled with open API platform linking to third-party vendors.
Arrange your keyless entry system demo
Do you need to improve security at your business premises? Safe and Sound Security would be delighted to offer a demo of our best keyless entry systems for business. Start prioritizing the protection of your business by filling out our Contact form today to arrange a meeting with one of our security professionals.