Looking for a quick and easy way to make your facility more secure? Keyless door locks are the way to go. Easy to install and extremely affordable, these keyless door locks are a great security solution, and we’ve pulled together a list of the best commercial door locks of 2023 to make your selection process easier.
Our Criteria For Rating
Commercial door locks experience a lot of use and abuse from weather, high traffic, fluctuating temperatures, dust, and moisture. So we only choose keyless locks that were made to withstand tough conditions.
You want to upgrade a lock, not replace a whole door. We picked locks that are designed to be easily retrofitted to existing doors, without compromising the integrity of the lock or the door, and without a ton of special equipment.
Some keyless locks are just a lock and a keypad. This is fine for residential doors, but can be limiting for busy warehouses, storefronts, offices, schools, and other commercial settings. So we found keyless door lock systems that include wireless capabilities, remote locking and unlocking, timed locking and unlocking, and other simple features that majorly boost their usefulness in a commercial setting.
You’ll notice that there are different styles of locks from the same manufacturer on this list. That’s because these brands are recognized industry leaders that have reliable standards and product performance, as well as excellent materials and painstaking quality control. They’re the best at what they do.
Without further ado, let’s jump into our list of the best commercial grade keyless door locks of 2023.
Trilogy Networx DL6100 Commercial Remote Control Door Lock
This one makes the top of the list because it combines a keyless door lock that can support up to 5000 users with 3- or 6-digit PIN numbers with network capabilities that include remote locking and unlocking. It can also attach time and date stamps to up to 35,000 events. The five-year battery life is the best on the market, and ensures the lock remains operational during power outages.
Overall, the DL6100 is a fine balance between a basic keyless lock, and the extra features that can help make commercial facilities way more secure.
- Weatherproof for outdoor use
- Supports up to 5000 users via 3-6 digit PINs
- Remote locking, unlocking, and global lockdown capabilities
- Event tracking with time and date stamping
- ADA compliant
- Only one finish (satin chrome)
- Requires additional wireless hub to communicate with security software
Trilogy T2 DL2800 Electronic Lock with Timed Access
Another winner from Trilogy, this DL2800 lacks the wireless capability and user load of its big brother lock, but it still packs a punch by offering a lot of the same features on a smaller scale.
The Trilogy T2 DL2800 can register up to 200 users with 3-6 digit PIN codes, and also allows you to set different identification categories, Master, Manager, Supervisor and Basic User, plus one-time service codes. Higher-authority users will be able to create new PINs for new users as well as set schedules for timed locking and unlocking. It’s battery-powered, but can also be hardwired.
And, like the Trilogy DL6100, this lock can keep track of time and date stamps for up to 1000 events.
- Stores 200 users with 3-6 digit PIN codes
- Master, Manager, Supervisor and Basic User ID categories
- Timed locking and unlocking
- “Temporary Keypad Lockout” after 3 unsuccessful code-entry attempts
- Time-out functions allow a user to unlock the lock for a set period of time
- Available in multiple finishes
- ADA compliant
- Not a budget option
- Shorter battery life than DL6100
Kaba E-Plex E2031XSLL626 Keyless Entry Lock
This simple and sleek commercial keyless entry door lock is an economical choice for offices, hospitals, schools, and other similar settings. It is also well-suited for interior doors.
The Kaba E-Plex offers three operation modes: access, lockout, and passage, which can be timed and/or scheduled. Its 100-user capacity can be organized as Master, Manager, User and Service levels. While it only comes in one finish, the satin chrome looks good with the elegant styling of the unit as whole.
- 100-user capacity
- Master, Manager, User, Service ID categories
- Concealed key cylinder for key override
- Runs on 3 AA alkaline batteries
- Only one finish
Yale Assure YRC216 Z-Wave Wireless Push Button Interconnected Electronic Lock
This lock is one of our favorites for those that want to integrate a keyless lock with a legacy wireless security system. The YRC216 features both a keypad-operated latch lock and a push-button, motorized deadbolt. The keypad comes in a touchscreen as well as an acrylic button option, and there are three finishes available.
But what we really like about the YRC216 is its Z-Wave or radio mesh network that makes it possible to link phones, key cards, and key fobs to the lock. You get the best of both worlds in one affordable, durable package.
- Lock/unlock deadbolt remotely via Z-Wave
- Create codes, view access history, and adjust settings
- History log shows with time and date stamps
- Trigger other Z-Wave security devices upon valid/invalid code entries
- Remote lockdown mode for enhanced security
- Motorized deadbolt with button activation
- Keypad with buttons or touchscreen options
- Z-Wave or ZigBee capability
- 9V battery back-up terminal on key free models
- Stores 250 PIN codes when integrated into a Z-Wave or ZigBee system
- Stores only 25 pin codes without Z-Wave
- Limited functionality without Z-Wave integration
Whichever lock you choose, consider what you need from your access control system now, and what you might need in future. Will you need to expand your workforce and add more users? Would remote locking, unlocking, and lockdowns give you an edge with your security? Pick the right lock now to maximize its utility and scalability for your business.